The International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) and Oxford University Press (OUP), are seeking applications for the position of Deputy Editor for the International Journal for Quality in Health Care (IJQHC). The Deputy Editor will champion research content for the IJQHC.
The role holder(s) will assist the Editor-in-Chief in commissioning quality content to help maintain the Journals audience in a competitive market. The Deputy Editor will work collaboratively with the co-Deputy Editors, the Editor-in-Chief, OUP and ISQua.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Deputy Editor shall:
- Stimulate quality papers for the Journal;
- Commission relevant articles for your area of expertise, particularly commentaries or papers that fit the journal’s existing series;
- Make provisional and final decisions on manuscripts
- Select, invite, and assign (or recommend) reviewers for papers suitable for peer review
- Assess reviewers’ comments
- Advise/collaborate, at the request of the Editor-in-Chief, on appeals
- On the basis of reviews, make recommendations to the Editor-in-Chief on the acceptance of papers of a suitable standard;
- Provide specialised advice about other papers submitted to lJQHC;
- Provide editorials for the lJQHC
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
At least five years’ experience as a senior academic and or research professional, with a recognised and demonstrated standard of excellence in the following areas:
- An established track record in Health Services Research, Improvement Science, Implementation Science or Patient Safety research or practice
- Experience in an editorial role of a scientific or academic journal
- Experience as a reviewer of papers submitted to scientific or academic journal
Subject to fulfilment of responsibilities, and in recognition of their special contribution to the Journal, ISQua shall advance a grant as needed of up to €1000 (euro) to each Deputy Editor to cover some of their costs to attend the ISQua International Conference or another conference of relevant interest to in their editorial work within the terms and amount of the budget set by the ISQua Board for that year. A free of charge registration for the main annual ISQua Conference will also be made available for each year of appointment.
The International Journal for Quality in Health Care (IJQHC) is a leading international peer-reviewed scholarly journal addressing research, policy, and implementation related to the quality of health care and health outcomes for populations and patients worldwide. The journal is truly interdisciplinary, welcoming original contributions in the disciplines of health services research, health care evaluation, policy, health economics, quality improvement, management, and clinical research focused on the quality and safety of care. The journal reaches a global audience including researchers, clinical care professionals, quality assurance professionals, policymakers, managers, educators, and students of health-related disciplines.
This peer-reviewed journal is truly interdisciplinary and includes contributions from representatives of all health professions such as doctors, nurses, quality assurance professionals, managers, politicians, social workers, and therapists, as well as researchers from health-related backgrounds.