We are seeking nominations for the 2022 Health Assessment Lab/Medical Outcomes Trust* John Ware and Alvin Tarlov Career Achievement Prize in Patient-Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs), which includes a $20,000 honorarium.
Upon submission of nominations, candidates are reviewed by a panel of experts selected by the Health Assessment Lab/Medical Outcomes Trust and the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
Recipients of the prize are announced and honoured at ISQua's Annual International Conference, which will be held October 17-20, 2022, in Brisbane, Australia. The award will be presented on the first day of the conference and the recipient will be expected to be present to share their reflections on their work and how it has contributed to the field.
The award is named in honour of the Health Assessment Laboratory/Medical Outcomes Trust's founders, Dr John E. Ware, Jr., and Dr Alvin Tarlov - two of the world's leading pioneers in the development and use of patient-reported outcome measures.
The successful candidate will have made significant contributions to the field of PROMs throughout their career.
Examples might include being:
- Measurement Development: A leader in developing patient-reported outcomes measures (PROMs) for enhancing patient-centred research, improving outcomes and engaging patients in their own care.
- Research: A leader in promoting the adoption of PROMs for clinical, comparative effectiveness and health services research.
- Improvement: A leader who promotes the use of PROMs for improving health care delivery and population health programs.
- Education: A leader who promotes the use of PROMs for educating health care professionals on how to improve their ability to measurably improve the outcomes of things that matter most to patients.
* The Health Assessment Lab/Medical Outcomes Trust is a free-standing not-for-profit organization with the goal of advancing state-of-the-art tools for measuring health care services and health outcomes from the patient/person point of view.