The International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) and Oxford University Press (OUP), are seeking applications for the position of Supplements Editor for the International Journal for Quality in Health Care (IJQHC). The Editor will be in charge of commissioning supplements, ensuring they reach publication, as well as champion research content for the IJQHC.
The role holder will also assist the Editor-in-Chief in commissioning quality content to help maintain the Journals audience in a competitive market. The Supplements Editor will work collaboratively with the co-Deputy Editors, the Editor-in-Chief, OUP and ISQua.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Supplements Editor shall:
- Stimulate the development of quality supplements for the Journal;
- Commission relevant articles for the supplement, particularly commentaries or papers that fit the journal’s existing series;
- Make provisional and final decisions on manuscripts submitted to supplements
- Work with the EIC to approve the supplement
- Appoint the Guest Editor(s)
- Work with the Guest Editor(s) to ensure they commission papers
- Work with the Supplements team and the Editorial Office in the development of the supplement
- Manage the review process for the supplement papers - select, invite, and assign (or recommending) reviewers for papers suitable for peer review
- Assess reviewers’ comments
- Advise/collaborate, at the request of the Editor-in-Chief, on appeals
- On the basis of reviews, make recommendations to the Guest Editor(s) and Editor-in-Chief on the acceptance of papers of a suitable standard;
- Provide specialised advice about other papers submitted to lJQHC;
- Provide editorials for the lJQHC
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
At least five years’ experience as a senior academic and or research professional, with a recognised and demonstrated standard of excellence in the following areas:
- An established track record in Health Services Research, Improvement Science, Implementation Science or Patient Safety research or practice
- Experience in an editorial role for a scientific or academic journal
- Experience as a reviewer of papers submitted to a scientific or academic journal
Subject to fulfilment of responsibilities, and in recognition of their special contribution to the Journal, ISQua will advance a grant as needed of up to €1000 (euro) to cover some of the costs to attend the ISQua International Conference or another conference of relevant interest to in their editorial work, within the terms and amount of the budget set by the ISQua Board for that year. A free of charge registration for the main annual ISQua Conference will also be made available for each year of appointment.