This year ISQua is holding a virtual conference. While we would have been excited and enthralled to be in Florence, we have to recognise the impact of the pandemic and how it has changed our lives. So, we are holding the conference virtually. This will still be the premier learning experience for those interested in quality and safety in health and healthcare.
You should attend for the following reasons:
- To acknowledge the hard work that the healthcare workers around the world have undertaken during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- To remember those who have died and to dedicate ourselves to improve what we do, so that we will be better prepared for the next time a crisis arises;
- To share knowledge and to learn from the experts in the field, as well as those who deliver and receive care;
- To hear from the great plenary speaker line-up that we have assembled;
- To attend symposia on coproduction of health, external evaluation, patient safety and quality improvement, and those concentrating on work in Australia, the Netherlands and Ireland, and by the ISQua Academy;
- To go to over 30 one hour seminars and workshops;
- To have the opportunity to meet the Experts;
- To hear the shorter presentations and to read the posters where novel ideas are presented.
We have decided that virtual conferences need to be equitable so though it is held in the daytime GMT time zone, we will start early in the morning so that those in the eastern hemisphere can end their day at the conference, and we end later so those in the western hemisphere can start their day with the conference. All sessions are recorded so you can catch up on those that you may have missed.
Also, we have priced the conference so that it is accessible for all, no matter where you live. We are offering value.
We believe that, by attending the conference you will obtain knowledge, develop networks and have a voice to share. These are the first steps that will help us to change the world for the better and to improve the safety and quality of the care that we deliver.